Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Here we go again!

Here I am back in Juba after what seems like ages, probably because it has been ages, almost 8 weeks! I had a great time in England catching up with family and friends (unfortunately not all of them) and making new friends too.  I did lots of walking, across fields initially as the weather was very kind and it was dry underfoot, then by the canal when it became dull and damp later in September/October. Had my mum to stay for a week which was great, even did some cooking (one of my main grumbles about living in Juba is that I have no cooking facilities) and baking. Also managed to squeeze in some retail therapy of course. DH arrived home for his 2 week leave which passed all too quickly then in what seemed like no time at all we were back on a plane.
It was a long weekend as we arrived back in Juba (after a very pleasant overnight stay in Nairobi) to celebrate the muslem festival of Eid al Adha so DH didnt have to go to the office on the Friday but he did have a full day of meetings at the hotel however. I must say one of the nice things about being back is the pool which DH and I made use of over the weekend, very relaxing.
Today is my first day back alone as I went into town on Monday for shopping and other chores and on Tuesday I went to the girls centre where my gift of balloons went down very well! It was lovely to see the girls again and the ladies who look after them.
So I am back into my routine now, I have been for a walk doing some bird watching (not too many around at the moment) I did my bible readings and prayers sitting outside in the shade, need to do some emails and then its lunch time. Maybe some exercise later with my new Davina McColl DVD, another walk and so my day goes.........sort of nice to be back .....ish!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment