Total Pageviews

Monday, June 18, 2012

And we're back!

Arrived safely back in Juba yesterday afternoon after a pleasant enough flight and a not too terrible passage through the airport. We were met by our very helpful driver, Zingo, who shuck my hand, welcomed me back, grabbed my suitcase and sped off across the muddy car park. It had obviously been raining hard earlier......oh dear and I was wearing my favourite white sandals!
As we exited the busy airport car park DH asked Zingo how last week was at work. It was fine until Friday, he replied, and then it wasn't fine any more. Rather cryptic I thought, however on further probing we discovered that Zingo had been involved in a traffic accident in the car on his way back to the office on Friday evening, resulting in him having a not very fine time! He was not injured so that was good, poor car sustained minor injuries which will require the services of a panel beater or possibly a new door if they have such things here. I suspect Zingo had a 'not very fine' weekend worrying about what the boss would say!
Spent a pleasant early evening on the veranda sipping port (well I had ran out of sherry!) and chatting to a colleague prior to dinner with said colleague and one other. Several staff members at Acacia Village welcomed us back warmly but the most memorable greeting came by way of a HUGE spider discovered by DH on MY side of the bed, on the INSIDE of the mosquito net at 11pm! Uuggggghhhhh! It made quite a mess when I managed to squash it (yes, I did it myself, accompanied by much screaming and jumping up and down) then of course I couldn't get back to sleep.
Ah well, such is life out here in the bush (ok, so we are actually in the capital city, but you know what I mean!)
Today has been quite peaceful, more greetings from the staff, giving and receiving of gifts, a pleasant walk around the block waving at various children plus the last bit of unpacking. So what shall I do tomorrow?........

No comments:

Post a Comment