Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 24, 2012

So far......

Well I have been back a whole week now and what have I achieved? Hmmm.....let me see....managed to scare a few babies at the market on Saturday, does that count? Also helped the local kids with their English, although we still haven't progressed beyond 'good morning' and 'how are you?'. I did however, manage to make contact with the people at the Christian street girls centre again and plan to go there on Tuesday to play with the younger girls, teach them some songs or play games. They don't get a lot of physical contact I am told so some of the very little ones just need cuddles, well I can do that!
Welcomed some new visitors on Saturday, colleagues of my DH who are staying here at Acacia Village. I felt like I had been here for ages, showing newbies the ropes! Weird.
We had a rather wet weekend, especially Sunday, serious rain. I was just settling down to watch the European Grand Prix when it started and the tv went off ( satellite dish gets soaked.....or something) so I missed the whole thing. The roads were a complete mess when I went into town later to go to Church.
Today started well, with a gorgeous sunrise and hopefully we will have enough sun today to dry up the wet stuff.
Let's see what the day brings..........

No comments:

Post a Comment