Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My girls

Had a good visit to the girls centre today. It was lovely to see 'my girls' again after more than 6 weeks. Some of the have grown their hair just long enough to have it plaited, looks so sweet. Now instead of interacting with all of the girls, the centre manager has allocated me 6 girls in the 5-7 age group (I think, some of them don't know their ages) to work with more closely. I took a couple of story books and sat in the dining area with the 6 but some of the others kept wandering in to see the pictures. I had to tell them they could not stay and they were disappointed so I felt bad. What to do?
This morning I had a walk around the block at 9am before it got too hot. Some of the kids waved and shouted 'good morning', probably the only English they know. Several women responded to my greetings too and it was so nice just to get out of the hotel compound.

No comments:

Post a Comment