Total Pageviews

Monday, April 15, 2013

The story so far....

Back in Juba now after a lovely time in England, albeit VERY cold! I wasn't expecting it to be soooo cold and I wasn't able to do as many walks as I would have liked but it was great to see some signs of spring before I left.
It's a bit cooler here than when I left which is nice and I must say one of the good things about being back is being able to wear less clothes! I was wearing several layers, plus my Eskimo coat, hat, gloves, scarf, boots etc at home ( will try to attach a photo) and now I'm in summer dresses and sandals.

There is a lot of building work going on at the hotel here so I make it my duty to do daily inspections of the work.....for health and safety reasons of course....not that I'm nosy or anything. They are building some 3 bedroomed villas on the adjoining plot, with a swimming pool, very interesting.......I want one!
Also lots of political 'stuff' going on. We arrived in Kenya in the day of the new president's inauguration. Fortunately it was all over by the time we landed so the airport was normal. Not so the following day when we returned to the airport to get our flight to Juba. Seemed there were lots of 'important' people leaving, presumably having enjoyed the post inauguration bash the night before, and at one point we were asked by some security bods to stand aside while said 'important' people passed by. Anyway, us not very important people did as we were told and then carried on with our shopping. Two days after we arrived back in Juba, the president of Sudan decided to pay a visit. Fortunately he let us know of his plans in advance so we could avoid the town as (so our colleagues who didnt get the memo informed us) lots of roads were closed and security chaps were stopping everyone and checking vehicles for weapons. My clever DH worked at the hotel that day!
Hopefully I will get back into my routine this week, going to the girls centre, doing some shopping in town as well as checking the pool temperature .....oh yes ...and site inspections.

6 comments:

  1. Nice story!



    Pablo from Argentina
    http://www.albumdeestampillas.blogspot.com.ar/2011/07/sudan-del-sur.html

    ReplyDelete