Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Boy it's hot!

First day in Juba. Not a bad nights sleep, first time I have slept in a container though! Yes I do mean a container, like the ones that go on the ships! It's ok really. Got a bedroom, bathroom, air conditioner even got windows. I will try to attach a photo when I figure out how to do that.
Breakfast at the Paradise Hotel was pleasant, fruit, cereal, eggs done as you like them (except I couldn't speak the same language as the cook so I just got a fried egg on a plate!) . They even toasted my own bread for me (I am gluten free and brought my bread all the way from England).
Managed to obtain some local currency, visit a supermarket and check out some accommodation as well as having the obligatory safety briefing so all in all a busy day.It has just started to rain! Real African rain, I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment