Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Water and walls.

Big storms through the night, I guess not many people slept through it (thats the trouble with tin roofs!) as it was the main topic of conversation at breakfast. Lots of standing water everywhere, birds come down for a drink, it's lovely to see. Been cooler and dull all day, now it's raining and windy. It's quite a nice change to feel chilly here!
I have been out looking at more houses last few days. Went out late yesterday afternoon with one agent in a car with no a/c on very dusty, bumpy roads. Boy was I glad to have a dip in the pool when I got back just before dinner time. We went out to an area called Jebel (means hill in Arabic) which is actually built at the base of some very interesting rock formations just on the edge of town. There were lots of local houses and shacks then these compounds with high walls and razor wire, it was surreal. The houses I was looking at were inside these high walls (a type of bubble again). I think I would have enjoyed living there but only if I could walk outside the walls and chat to the other people living there and sit with them and play with their children. I don't want to stay inside the walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment