Total Pageviews

Monday, April 2, 2012

Not there yet.

A cool morning in Nairobi, Kenya, bit overcast. It's great to be back in Africa, even without the sunshine. Ok, so my first morning in Kenya was spent in a shopping mall but those of you who know me will not be surprised at that. Sitting here in a coffee shop outside the mall, I can see the beautiful flame trees full of weaver bird nests. There are hibiscus bushes all around in shades of red and pink and the ubiquitous bougainvillea.
I hope to have an hour by the pool later, probably not in it as it seems a bit cool for swimming. Poor husband is off having meetings so not sure what time he will finish.
We fly to Juba tomorrow afternoon. I have already seen a photo of our hotel there, it's a shipping container made into a room! In fact it's a whole hotel of containers, side by side and on top of each other. Check it out on trip advisor - the Paradise Hotel, Juba. Not sure what else awaits us in Juba, apart from 40 degrees heat and reasonable high humidity. I brought lots of things to keep me occupied, knitting, cross stitch and a German language book. Dear husband is working for a German company so I thought it would be nice to learn a few words to greet his colleagues.
I will write more from Juba.

No comments:

Post a Comment