Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy after Easter!

Hope you all had good Easter celebrations. I decided not to go to church on Easter day as I am not yet acclimatised and have always found African church services very hot and long. They are usually lively and loud and full of praise and joy so I did feel I was missing out a bit too. I tried to watch a service on the Internet but the signal wasn't good enough. So I just spent some time alone with the Lord and meditated on the word of God. My mum enjoyed a lovely sunrise service at the seaside with her church family back at home.
Today is Monday 9th its a public holiday here too but I am told all the shops will be open so we plan to go shopping in town and have the driver take us around a bit. We have arranged to stay at this lovely village/lodge for a month while we sort out long term accommodation so I think we will be quite comfortable. There are no cooking facilities but the food is very nice in the on site restaurant.
Here is a photo of dear husband on the verandah of our 'cottage', and a few of the compound.

No comments:

Post a Comment