Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Tensions

I feel as though I am living in a bubble again! I felt like this in Damascus when all the trouble was going on in other towns in Syria but life went on as normal where I was. Here in Acacia Village on the outskirts of Juba surrounded by greenery, entertained by birds and other wildlife, I am far removed from the troubles of this country. The fighting in the north has created tension even in Juba city. When I was in town on Friday there were demonstrations, buses full of people waving flags and banners and chanting slogans. But then the driver brought me back here and all was calm and peaceful.
Those of you who pray, please pray for peace between Sudan and South Sudan. People here know war, it would be easy for then to slip back into it after such a short interlude of peace. Pray that the two countries will talk to each other again and work something out about the oil on paper rather than with weapons.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment